If you’re ever sad, simply don’t forget that tacky baked ziti is usually there for you.
- 1 field of ziti
- 32oz of your favourite marinara sauce (shop offered or homemade)
- 15oz ricotta cheese
- half of cup shredded parmesan cheese
- three cups of mozzarella cheese
- half of tsp garlic powder
- 1/four tsp pepper
- 1/four tsp crimson chili flakes
- salt to taste
- handful of clean basil, more or less chopped
- Cook the pasta till al dente (approximately 1-2 mins shy of the package deal instructions). Drain. Don’t rinse!! Return the cooked pasta to the pot and toss with 1/2 of of the marinara sauce. Set aside. Save the opposite 1/2 of of the sauce for assembly.
- Make the ricotta mixture. In a small bowl, upload the ricotta, parmesan, garlic powder, pepper, and crimson chili flakes. Mix till nicely combined. Taste and upload salt as needed. Set aside.
- Assemble! Cover the lowest of a nine x thirteen baking dish with a pair spoonfuls of the reserved marinara sauce. Add 1/2 of the pasta and unfold into a fair layer. Dollop on 1/2 of of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle on 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Layer! Add the relaxation of the pasta. Dollop at the relaxation of the ricotta mixture. Spread at the closing marinara sauce. Finish via way of means of sprinkling at the closing cups of mozzarella.
- Bake! Loosely cowl it with foil and bake for 20 mins. Take off the foil, keep baking for 10 mins or till the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Eat! Top with clean basil. Spoon it into bowls. Enjoy.