This simple and delicious recipe for smooth self-made queso.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 package Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 16 Slices American cheese shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 4 chilis
- 1 tomato diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- jalapeno slices for garnish
- In a saucepan Heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté till softened for 2-2 mins. Add the jalapeño and garlic and sauté on medium-low heat and upload the cheeses a piece at a time, stirring till melted after every addition for three times.
- Slowly upload the milk, ½ cup at a time, stirring after every addition. Add the salt, chilis, and tomato to the cheese. Stir till very well combined. Add the cilantro and stir. Serve heat with jalapeño slices as garnish.