Beans and legumes are becoming the stars of the food pyramid these days, and we don’t complain because these power plants are full of nutrients like folate, magnesium and zinc! Not to mention that they are loaded with fiber, so rest assured that you will not be hungry for a few hours after your meal.
Ingredients Of Edamame with Black Eyed Peas (Healthy Heart)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup edamame, shelled, frozen
- 1 cup sweet corn, frozen
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped (about 3 scallions)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon chili power
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 chicken or turkey sausages (optional)
Also Read: CHICKEN AND FENNEL PITA (Calcium Rich)
Preparation Of Edamame with Black Eyed Peas (Healthy Heart)
- Place the oil in a large skillet and sauté the onions and garlic until they are translucent. Add black-eyed peas, frozen corn and frozen edamame.
- Stir until frozen vegetables are thawed. Remove from fire.
- Combine honey, mustard, vinegar, cinnamon, chili powder and chives and whisk to prepare the dressing. Combine all the ingredients with the vinaigrette.
- Prepare the sausage links according to the instructions.
- Serve the sausages with succotash on the side.