Moist and delicious pineapple pastry recipe. Very easy to make, filled with homemade whipped cream and topped with pineapple chunks and cherries!!
Ingredients Of Eggless Pineapple Pastry
- For the cake:
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar, powdered
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3/4 Cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2×9 inch round or square Cake tins
- For layering:
- 1 Cup Pineapples, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Pneapple juice/syrup
- 3 Cups Cream (chilled)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- For garnishing Cherries and pineapple slices
Also Read: Ultimate Gooey Brownies
How to Make Eggless Pineapple Pastry
Prepare the cake:
- sift the flour and baking powder and transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, sugar, butter, water and vanilla.
- Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon or a beater until well blended.
- Add yogurt to the cake batter and beat until smooth. The dough looks almost shiny when finished. Transfer the dough to the prepared molds.
- You can make two cakes or cut a cake in half.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius.
Prpeare the layering:
- Whip the cream with the sugar, until it retains its shape.
- Be careful not to beat too much, as it will turn into butter.
- Place a sponge on the baking sheet upside down, remove the paper and spread the chopped pineapple on it in a layer.
- Spread a layer of cream on top and cover with the second sponge, inside out. Remove the paper and sprinkle with juice / syrup.
- Now carefully cover with a layer of cream. Cut into rectangles of the desired size and decorate with whipped cream.
- Garnish with the pineapple slice and cherries, refrigerate and serve.