Ensaladilla rusa recipe – an easy and simple Spanish salad which is vegetarian. It’s a quick recipe that you can make when you’re craving veggies and want to make something quick, yet nutritious and healthy. The salad can be served with any bread.
Ensaladilla rusa, is a staple in Spain. Basically it’s a Russian salad but very popular in Spain. He is also known as Salad Olivier. I tried making a vegetarian, egg-free version of the salad with veggies and greens.
The result was a super tasty salad. I used mayonnaise without egg in the salad, but if you prefer egg mayonnaise, you can add it. You can prepare the salad with the vegetables and greens of your choice. You can also add mustard sauce if you like it.
▢ 2 to 2.5 potatoes
▢ 1 to 1.5 carrots
▢ 50 grams of green beans (I replaced the peas with beans. If you want to use peas, use 3/4 cup shelled peas or frozen peas)
▢ 0.5 lettuce
▢ 0.13 cup chopped celery
▢ 0.25 cup chopped basil
▢ 0.25 cup chopped parsley
▢ 0.5 cup mayonnaise without egg
▢ 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
▢ 2.5 to 3 stuffed green olives, cut into slices
▢ salt to taste
▢ Pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes, carrots and green beans.
- Once cooled, peel and chop the potatoes and carrots into cubes.
- Chop the beans into small pieces.
- Rinse the lettuce leaves well under running water to remove mud particles.
- Also rinse the basil leaves, celery and parsley.
- Tear the lettuce leaves with your hands.
- Chop the basil, celery and parsley.
- Put all the vegetables and green vegetables in a bowl.
- In another bowl, take the mayonnaise, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Whisk this mixture well so that the olive oil mixes with the mayonnaise
- Add this vinaigrette to the vegetables and greens.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
- Garnish with stuffed olive rings.
- Serve the ensaladilla rusa immediately or serve cold.