Feta-and-Radish Toasts: Combination of feta and radishes is an everyday appetizer to serve. You can use any assortment of radishes for these toasts, like watermelon, pink beauty, cherry belle or d’Avignon.
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems discarded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Eight 1/2-inch-thick slices of peasant bread
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 to 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces feta cheese (preferably goat), crumbled
1Heat a cast-iron grill pan. Brush the bread with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and grill over high heat, turning once, until toasted.
2Top the toasts with the feta, radishes and watercress. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.