Filipino Lumpia is a traditional Filipino dish. It is the version of the egg rolls. It can be served as an appetizer. This lumpia recipe is authentic and yields the crispiest lumpia ever.
PREP TIME- 30 minutes
COOK TIME- 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME- 40 minutes
INGREDIENTS of Filipino Lumpia From Starch
- 1 package Chinese or Vietnamese spring roll wrappers wrappers
- 2 lbs. ground pork
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 6 oz cabbage, thinly sliced
How to Make Filipino Lumpia From Starch
- Cut the lumpia wrappers in half so that you have two stacks of rectangular wrappers.
- Add pork, cabbage, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, eggs, and black pepper in a large bowl and mix well so that the seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Place one of the wrapper and Place a heaping teaspoon of the filling on the wrapper about half an inch from the edge closest to you. Grasp the bottom edge of the wrapper and roll it up and over the filling, continuing to roll until 2 inches of wrapper remain.
- Finish rolling the lumpia, then rest it on its seam. Continue rolling with the rest of the filling and lumpia wrappers. now freeze your rolled lumpia if you wish by placing them in freezer bags.
- To cook the lumpia, fill a large frying pan and put into oil. Gently place the lumpia into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Place the fried lumpia on paper towels and serve immediately with sweet and sour sauce.