A delicious, fried snack where the fish is cut and marinated in a thick batter of chilli paste. The term Koliwada comes from the Maharashtra region where it means a fishermen’s colony, hence it is names as Fish Koliwada. It is a very popular dish in Mumbai and surrounding areas. The various spices along with a hint of red chilli makes this dish super tasty and a must try at home during the monsoons.
Recipe Servings: 2 Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Cook Time:
- 120 Gram Basa fish
- 5 Gram Chilli paste
- 2 Gram Salt
- 10 Gram Mustard oil
- 1 Gram Mustard seeds
- 1 Gram Curry leaves
- 30 Gram Besan
- 5 Gram Degi mirch
- 5 Gram Cumin powder
- 5 Gram Garam masala
- 20 Gram Corn flour
- 20 Gram Rice flour
- 10 Gram Fennel spice
- 1 Lemon
- 30 Gram Chipotle mayo
- 100 Gram French fries
- 2 Gram Red chilli whole
- 100 Ml Oil (for frying)
- Take basa fish. Cut into 7 equal size pieces.
- Make a first marination of chilli paste and salt and fish into it.
- Take a pan and heat mustard oil.
- Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and sauté well.
- Now add besan and roast it nicely.
- Keep it on side until it cools down.
- Add corn flour, rice flour, cumin powder, garam masala, deghi mirch & salt.
- Make a batter by adding water to it. Put marinated fish into batter.
- Cover and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry fish in pre-heated oil.
- Serve it with onion tomato salad and mint chutney.
- The Fish Koliwada is ready to be served.