Fried Bowtie Pasta – cooked pasta seasoned with cajun spices and fried. A crisp and tasty Louisiana snack served with a marinara dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Total Time: 30 mins Serves: 8
16 oz bowtie pasta
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 – 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (use more or less depending on your taste preference)
Canola oil (for frying)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain and pour into large bowl.
Stir the flour into the pasta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, cream and water. Pour over the pasta and stir.
- In another small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and cajun seasoning. Stir into the pasta.
- Fill a pot about 3″ deep with the oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- When hot, add the pasta, a spoonful at a time to the oil and cook, in batches 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy. Remove pasta with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
PER SERVING *