Fried Mozzarella Sticks, Homemade Fried Cheese Sticks: This crunchy accompaniment is cheese, cheese and cheese all the way through, so nothing can please cheese-lovers more! A simple flavouring of oregano and chilli-flakes ensures that the overall effect is very pleasing.
Fried mozzarella sticks can also be served as a party starter . Just keep a few things in mind when making it though… the oil should be very hot and the sticks should be deep-fried over a high flame. Also, you can double-coat the sticks with the batter and the crumbs so that the cheese does not ooze out of the covering.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 14 sticks (14 stick)
For The Batter
1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
1/4 cup cornflour
salt to taste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
250 gms mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
oil for deep-frying
For the batter
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a thick batter. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 14 long sticks of 75 mm. (3”) x 25 mm. (1”) with 1 cm thickness.
- Dip each cheese stick into the batter so that it is evenly coated on all the sides.
- Roll the cheese sticks in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry 2 to 3 cheese sticks at a time on a high flame for approx. 30 seconds or till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Handy tip :
- While deep-frying, do not turn the stick too many as they might break and the cheese might ooze out.
Nutrient values per stick
|Vitamin A||65.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.5 mcg|