Oats Chivda Recipe is one of the easy and healthy snack options to have along with Masala Tea in evenings.
Ingredients for Oats Chiwda
- oil for deep frying as required
- 1 cup oats (quick cooking oats)
- 5 to 6 almonds
- 5 to 6 cashews
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- 1 tablespoon roasted chana dal (roasted bengal gram)
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon oil for tempering
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 to 2 green chilies – sliced or slit
- 8 to 10 curry leaves
- salt as required
How to make oats chiwda
- To prepare Oats Chivda Recipe, heat a skillet, on medium heat and dry roast 3/4 cup of oats till it turns golden brown. This will take about 3-5 minutes. Turn off the flame, transfer to a bowland keep it aside to cool.
- In the same pan, roast a cup of poha for 5 minutes. Transfer it into the same bowl as the oats and keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan, add mustard and cumin seeds and let the mustard seeds crackle
- Then add a handful of peanuts and half broken red chillies to it.
- When the peanuts are fried to golden, then add slit green chillies and cook until the peanuts are roasted well.
- Switch off the gas.
- Now add a pinch of red chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric powder and salt along with sugar and mix well.
- Then add the poha and oats to the pan.
- Mix everything together and then add sprouts. Mix well.
- When the oats chivda cools down completely, then sprinkle flax seeds and serve immediately or store in an airtight container.