Today I share another family favorite – our recipe for fried zucchini. This happens to be my favorite appetizer around the world! It’s a recipe we have at least once a month for Sunday dinner, and it’s always gone in minutes! You can serve it in different ways depending on how you cut the zucchini (discs or sticks), but whichever way you make them, it’s always delicious.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 3-inch long by 1/2-inch wide strips
Also Read: Chicken Tetrazzini
Direction of fried zucchini
- Pour enough oil into a large skillet to reach a depth of 2 inches.
- Heat the oil over medium heat until a frying thermometer registers 350 degrees F.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups Parmesan, panko and salt in a medium bowl for mixing.
- Whisk eggs in another medium bowl to mix. Working in batches, dip the zucchini in the eggs to coat them well and let the excess eggs return to the bowl.
- Coat the zucchini in the panko mixture, pat to adhere and coat completely. Place the zucchini strips on a baking sheet.
- When the oil is hot, working in batches, fry the zucchini sticks until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried zucchini to paper towels and drain. Arrange the fried zucchini on a dish.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan and serve.