This Garlicky Tahini Dressing is the perfect tahini sauce. Use it on salads, sandwiches or veggie burgers. A traditional Middle Eastern sauce bursting with bright lemon and mild garlic, this Zahav-inspired Tahini Sauce can be served on anything from falafel to kebabs to shawarma to your usual grilled chicken or fish.
Ingredients of Garlicky Tahini Sauce
- 1 large whole head garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 heaping cup tahini paste
- Ice water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt, to taste
How to Make Garlicky Tahini Sauce
- Combine the unpeeled garlic and lemon juice and griend them. Pulse until pulpy.
- Put the garlic-lemon mixture into a bowl through a fine mesh strainer.
- Using the masher, press as much liquid out as possible and then discard the remaining garlic and paper solids caught by the strainer.
- Whisk in the tahini paste until thick.
- Add ice water, and continue to whisk until smooth and thinned to your desired consistency.
- Whisk in the cumin and salt, to taste.
- Refrigerate for up to a week.