This gluten-free coconut cake is the ultimate cake for coconut lovers. It is made with coconut milk, coconut oil and grated coconut, plus it is filled with coconut cream and topped with toasted coconut.
INGREDIENTS Of GLUTEN-FREE COCONUT CAKE
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter for the pan
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, soft (50 grams)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, full fat, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (75 grams)
- 1 cup coconut flour (130 grams)1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
INSTRUCTIONS Of GLUTEN-FREE COCONUT CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a glass pie dish (9.5 inches, 24 cm) with butter.
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor. Mix until homogeneous. Transfer the thick dough to the prepared baking dish. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven until golden and fragrant and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Start checking the cake after 40 minutes.
- If you have not already done so, carefully protect the edges with aluminum strips and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool in a mold on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then invert on a cutting board and return to the cooling rack.
- Let the cake cool for another 20 minutes before slicing and serving. Leftovers can be stored for 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.