- Authentic Italian-style risotto cooked the slow and painful way, but oh so worth it. Complements grilled meats and chicken dishes very well. Check the rice by biting into it.
Ingredients of Gourmet Mushroom Risotto
|6 cup chicken broth, divided|
|3 tbsp olive oil, divided|
|1 lb portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|1 lb white mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|2 shallot, diced|
|1 1⁄2 cup arborio rice|
|1⁄2 cup dry white wine|
|1 sea salt, to taste|
|1 black pepper, freshly ground, to taste|
|3 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped|
|4 tbsp butter|
|1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated|
Also Read: Tiramisu Layer Cake
Direction of Gourmet Mushroom Risotto
- In a saucepan, heat the broth. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and their liquid and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan and stir in the shallots. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 5 minutes.
- When the rice has turned a pale golden color, pour the wine, stirring constantly until the wine is completely absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to rice and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.