Gram’s Fried Chicken is healthy chicken receipe. Children like this dish. In America this is most likily dish.
Ingredients of Gram’s Fried Chicken(American)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon each dried oregano, parsley flakes and minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Oil for frying
Also Read: Chocolate Chip Blondies(American)
Directions of Gram’s Fried Chicken(American)
- Whisk the egg and milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes with the seasonings.
- Remove half of the mixture and set aside (for a second layer of breading).
- Pound the chicken with a 1/2 “meat mallet. thickness. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then in the potato mixture, tapping to help the coating stick.
- Arrange the chicken evenly on a large plate. Cover and refrigerate the chicken and the rest of the egg mixture for 1 hour.
- Discard the rest of the potato mixture used. In a 12 inch. cast iron or other deep pan, heat 1/2 inch of oil over medium heat to 350 °.
- For the second layer of breading, dip the chicken in the remaining egg mixture, then in the unused potato mixture; tap to coat.
- Fry chicken 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden and chicken is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.