Green peppers with mustard oil, tamarind and spices will add a boost to the simplest Indian meal.
Ingredients Of Green Chilli Pickle
- 1 kg green chillies – chopped
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 kg mustard oil
- 1 Tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 200 gm ginger – finely ground
- 250 gm garlic – finely ground
- 100 gm cumin seeds – roasted and ground
- 200 gm large roasted and ground mustard seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- 200 gm imli (tamarind)
- 3 cups of white vinegar
Method of Chilli Pickle
- Marinate the peppers in salt for at least two hours.
- Soak the imi in vinegar for at least two hours and extract the pulp.
- In a large container, heat the mustard oil and add the red pepper powder and the turmeric powder.
- Add the ginger and garlic and mix well.
- Continue to stir for some time.
- Mix the cumin powder and the mustard powder.
- Pour the pulp of imi-vinegar and mix well.
- Add sugar and cook over low heat for a while.
- Now add the peppers and cook for 10 to 15 minutes over low heat until the oil separates. To serve.