Green Peas and Mint Soup : This unusual combination of green peas and mint may surprise you, but this is one of the most appreciated recipes that I make. And it is so easy to prepare too!! The wealth of this soup lies in the fibre-rich green peas and which help to decrease blood cholesterol levels.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 2 servings
3/4 cup fresh green peas
1 tsp oil
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
1 1/2 tsp of cornflour dissolved in 1 tbsp of water
1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and sauté the onions on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the green peas and 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer into a pan, add cornflour-water mixture, salt, pepper and mint, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Green Peas and Mint Soup is ready. Serve hot.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||98.7 mcg||2%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||10%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.5 mg||4%|
|Vitamin C||7.1 mg||18%|
|Vitamin E||0.1 mg||1%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||17.3 mcg||9%|