Grilled Mango-Habanero Jerk Chicken: You probably have all the ingredients on hand to make this quick spice rub. Water or chicken stock can be substituted for rum in the mango sauce.
- 1/4 cup golden rum (such as Bacardi)
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
Directions To Make Grilled Mango-Habanero Jerk Chicken
1Combine rum, mango, and habanero in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth. Pour mango mixture into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in vinegar, butter, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
2Combine remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and next 5 ingredients (through allspice) in a small bowl. Rub oil evenly over chicken; sprinkle evenly with spice mixture.
3Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices. Serve with mango sauce.
Calories 345, Fat 13.1g, Satfat 4.9g, Monofat 4.4g, Polyfat 1.6g, Protein 37g, Carbohydrate 15g, Fiber 1.8g, Cholesterol 124mg, Iron 1mg, Sodium 490mg, Calcium 27mg, Sugars 13g, Est. added sugars 0g