Guacamole is an avocado-based dip, spread, or salad first developed by the Aztecs in what is now Mexico. In addition to its use in modern Mexican cuisine, it has become part of international and American cuisine as a dip, condiment and salad ingredient.
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MINS
- PREP TIME: 5 MINS
- COOK TIME: 0 MINS
INGREDIENTS of Guacamole (Mexican)
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeño, cored and finely diced (add more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- (Optional: 1 roma tomato, cored and chopped)
DIRECTIONS of Guacamole (Mexican)
- Mash the avocados, jalapeño pepper, onion, lime juice, coriander, salt, cumin with a fork until everything is well combined.
- Serve immediately or cover the bowl with plastic wrap (so that the plastic literally touches the entire top layer of the guacamole) and refrigerate for up to 2 days before serving.