Fiery chilli made from spices, carrots, kidney beans and tomatoes. Goes perfect with multigrain bread or tortilla chips.
- Total Time- Prep: 20 min.
- Cook- 25 min.
- Makes- 8 serving
Ingredients of Guilt Free Chilli
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Optional toppings: Greek yogurt, reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese and/or sliced jalapeno peppers
Also Read: Cheeseburger Onion Ring Bites
Directions of Guilt Free Chilli
- In a Dutch oven, cook chicken, onion, red pepper and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up chicken crumbled; drain.
- Add beans, tomatoes, water, tomato paste, cocoa and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Lower the temperature; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until the flavors are mixed.
- Serve with rice and, if desired, toppings of your choice. freeze the chili pepper in freezer containers.
- To use, partially thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water or reduced sodium broth if necessary.
- Serve with brown rice and toppings as direct