Handvo recipe is the most healthy recipe. Basically, the recipe is full of nutrients particularly a protein-packed filling spicy bread. The texture and appearance is very similar to any popular cake recipe, but has to offer a lot more benefits compared to it, prepare it breakfast.
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 30 mins Soaking Time: 4 hours Total Time: 45 mins
INGREDIENTS of Handvo (Gujrati Receipe)
FOR HANDVO BATTER:
- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup chana dal
- ¼ cup toor dal
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- ½ cup curd
- 1 cup bottle gourd / lauki, grated
- ½ cup cabbage, grated
- ¼ cup carrot, grated
- 3 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 2 tsp oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp eno / fruit salt
Also Read: Kaju Gathiya Ki Subzi
- 3 tsp oil
- ¾ tsp mustard
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 tsp sesame / til
- few curry leaves
- pinch hing / asafoetida
INSTRUCTIONS of Handvo (Gujrati Receipe)
- Firstly, soak 1 cup rice, ½ cup chana dal, ¼ cup toor dal, 2 tbsp urad dal for 3-4 hours.
- Add ½ cup curd and blend to a smooth but slightly coarse paste.
- Further add 1 cup grated bottle gourd, ½ cup grated cabbage, ¼ cup grated carrot and 3 tbsp coriander.
- Also add ½ tsp ginger paste, 1 green chilli, ½ tsp sugar, ¼ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric, 2 tsp oil and ¾ tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure the batter is slightly thick like idli batter consistency.
- Now add 1 tsp eno / fruit salt and mix gently.
- Bake the handvo in over or cook on tawa.