- 180g linguine or spaghetti
- 50g blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ small pack fresh oregano, leaves picked
- 1 lemon, zested
- 100ml double cream
- 30g parmesan, or vegetarian alternative, finely grated
- Cook the pasta for 1 min less than pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, toast the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat then, once golden, add the oil, garlic, oregano and three quarters of the lemon zest. Stir so that everything is well coated, cook for 30 secs or so, then stir in the cream and take off the heat.
- Drain the pasta straight into the frying pan, adding a little of the cooking water to the pan. Stir through the cheese, season well with black pepper, then toss everything together and serve immediately with the remaining lemon zest scattered over the top