Herb potato salad recipe – simple and easy salad with mixed potatoes and herbs.
It’s a very simple potato salad that I sometimes make. Quick to assemble, if you already have boiled potatoes on hand. There is no dressing as such in the recipe and you just need to mix and mix everything. This salad can also be served as a starter. Also goes well with a side dish of soup and some breads.
For herbs, you can use your favorite herbs or your choice of fresh herbs. I used a mixture of basil, parsley and celery. If you live in some parts of India where you don’t get fresh herbs like basil or parsley. Then use Indian herbs like coriander leaves and fresh mint leaves in the salad.
Always use fresh herbs. Also rinse the herbs very well and you can use a salad spinner to dry them or just dry them with a kitchen towel.
The potato is a favorite of adults and children alike, this salad is loved by all.
▢ 1.5 medium sized potatoes, boiled
▢ 0.13 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (your choice of herbs. I used a mixture of fresh basil, parsley and celery)
▢ 0.5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
▢ salt as needed
▢ freshly crushed black pepper (kali mirch powder) as needed
▢ A few lettuce leaves for garnish, torn or chopped
- Boil the potatoes until they are cooked through.
- When the potatoes are still hot, peel and chop them.
- In a bowl, take the chopped potatoes.
- Add the chopped mixed herbs.
- Add salt, pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Gently toss and toss the salad until the oil and herbs have coated the potatoes.
- Garnish with a few torn or chopped lettuce leaves.
- Serve the herb potato salad immediately.
- If you plan to serve later, chill the potatoes. Just before serving, mix the other ingredients together, then serve the herb potato salad.