Blended with pure cacao and lots of hazelnuts, it’s silky smooth, deeply chocolatey, and secretly healthier. It’s also delicious, vegan, gluten-free, and ridiculously close to the real things
- PREP TIME: 5 mins
- COOK TIME: 15 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 20 mins
Ingredients of Homemade Nutella
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or hazelnut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
How to Make Homemade Nutella
- Put the hazelnuts in a pan and Roast for 10 minutes, or until the skins become dark and cracked.
- After 15 minutes the hazelnuts cool to the touch, and rub them until the skins have been removed.
- Blend for 5 minutes.
- Add the oil and blend for another minute.
- Add the sugar, cacao and vanilla and blend until fully combined.
- Powder the coconut sugar in a spice grinder before combining, even better.
- Pour the nutella into a storage container.