A grilled panini topped with tomato pesto, fresh tomatoes, and oven-roasted tomatoes. All you need is some focaccia bread, basil pesto (you may use store-bought pesto, spinach leaves, tomatoes and mozzarella. You do not need a panini press. I’m pretty sure, from my view behind the counter as customer, that Starbucks doesn’t use a panini press either. They have pre-wrapped sandwiches that they put in their oven for a few minutes.
For the Roasted Tomatoes:
- 2 small Fresh Tomatoes, cut in 3/8-inch slices
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
For the Sandwich:
- fossasia bread
- 4 tablespoons Basil Pesto
- handful Spinach Leaves
- 4 ounces Mozzarella Cheese
ALSO READ: Low Carb Blueberry Lemon Custard Cake
For the Tomatoes:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Arrange the tomatoes on the tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and garlic powder on the tomatoes.
- Place in the oven and bake until the tomatoes begin to shrivel and have black edges, about 25 minutes.