These homemade waffles are easy to made with any toppings, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, fried apples, powdered sugar or whipped topping. Instead of eating them with a fork, these Belgian waffles are usually eaten handheld.
Ingredients of Waffles
- 300 g all purpose
- 80 g sugar
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 150 ml water
- 2 eggs
- 15 g butter
- 175 g butter
- 140 g Pearl Sugar
How to make Waffles
- Put flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the yeast in lukewarm water and melt them.
- Add the eggs and butter to the flour and sugar mixture in the mixing bowl.
- Put in the water and yeast mixture, whisk all of them, and stirr untill sticky dough made.
- Add some flour to the top, along with butter pieces.
- Rest for 30 minutes.
- Make a sticky dough.
- Place dough onto floured surface and make square shape.
- Sprinkle with the Pearl sugar.
- Roll the dough and make large sausage shape.
- Make ball shapes and rest for 15 minutes, covered with cloth.
- Place a ball of waffle dough in the middle of the iron and cook it until it’s golden brown, and the sugar has caramelized.
- Remove the waffle after sugar has caremalised.
- Serve as is, with a dusting of powdered sugar or melted chocolate.