They’re spicy, they’re sweet, they’re cheesy, and they beg you to snack on them as soon as you can.
INGREDIENTS Of HONEY GLAZED CHEESY CHICKEN POPPERS
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Jalapeno Tabasco, divided, plus more to serve
- 40 mozzarella pearls, drained and dabbed dry
- Oil, for pan frying
- 3 tablespoons honey
INSTRUCTIONS Of HONEY GLAZED CHEESY CHICKEN POPPERS
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon Jalapeno Tabasco.
- Create minced chicken balls that are just a little larger than the mozzarella pearls. You should end up with about 40 chicken meatballs.
- Press the mozzarella balls in the centers of each chicken meatball. Use your palms to fully wrap the chicken around the mozzarella, making sure the pearls are fully covered to prevent leakage.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Brown the meatballs in batches and remove them on a plate covered with absorbent paper to absorb the excess oil.
- Place the golden meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine the honey and the rest of the Jalapeno Tabasco.
- Brush the mixture on the meatballs.
- Cook until cooked through and the frosting begins to darken, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with additional Jalapeno Tabasco, to soak.