Hot Pickled Popcorn
The name might say hot, but it is not that hot.“It will burn for a minute, and then it will go away.” A blend of seasonings, along with dry dill weed, is used to flavor the mushroom popcorn variety, which has bigger and meatier kernels. The popcorn will be sold in one size — medium, which is about six cups.
This delicious, tangy popcorn is coated in an ingenious mix of pickling spices, like coriander seeds and dill weed.
- 1/2 cup popcorn unpopped
- pickle juice out of a pickle jar
- 1 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
Also Read: Pickled Strawberry Shortcake
- Place the dill, garlic powder, onion powder and salt in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour the pickle juice into a spray bottle.
- Pop your popcorn. For more information on aerial poppers, see the notes in the Chef section.
- Sprinkle the popcorn with pickle juice and sprinkle the seasoning on top.
- Do it quickly – if the liquid dries, the spices will not stick to the popcorn.