Kaddu ki kheer, a Hyderabadi special dessert is prepared using milk and pumpkin. It is a favorite dessert in almost every wedding in Hyderabad. It is a very rich, delicious and creamy all at the same time.
Benefits: Pumpkin is full of vitamins and minerals and relatively low in calories, as it is filled with 94% water. It’s also very high in beta-carotene, a carotenoid that your body turns into vitamin A.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Kaddu Kheer
- 2 liters full cream milk
- 1 cup white pumpkin, grated
- 3 tbsp sago, soaked for 4-5 hours
- 3 tbsp basmati rice, soaked for 1 hour
- 3 tbsp cashews
- 50 gms khoya
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp green food color
- vanilla essence
- Almonds, pistachios, cashews for garnishing
How to Make Hyderabadi Kaddu Kheer
- Add grated pumpkin in a pan. Add water and cook until pumpkin is soft.
- Add milk in kadhai and bring it to boil for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked pumpkin to the milk and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put soaked sago and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add basmati rice flour and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cashew paste and condensed milk and mix well.
- Add khoya mixed with milk.
- Add sugar as per taste and cardamom powder, green food color, stir well.
- Turn off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Add a drop of vanilla essence.
- Garnish with dry fruits and serve.