Idli Gun Powder is basically a coarse spice mixture condiment used as a side dish for south indian breakfast like idli and dosa.
Ingredients of Idli Gun Powder
- Urad dal: 1 cup
- Chana dal: half cup
- Red chillies: 4
- Kashmiri red chilli: 6
- Hing: half tsp
- Garlic pods: 1.5 tsp
- corriander seeds: 1 tsp
- For Fried Idli:
- Mustard seeds: 2 tsp
- Urad dal: 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Butter: 1 tsp
- Diced Idli: 1 big bowl
How to Make Idli Gun Powder
- Take a pan and put urad dal and roast on medium heat. when it comes little brown colour, shift it in another bowl.
- Now roast chana dal, after roasting mix them with urad dal.
- Now roast red chillies and kashmiri red chillies, Put them in same bowl.
- Put hing, garlic pods and corriander seeds and dry roast.
- Pour some salt and cool them.
- After cooling pul all mixture in mixer jaar and grind them.
- Your gun powder is ready.
- For Fried Idli: Pour musterd seeds, urad dal, curry leaves in a Kadhai on a low medium heat.
- Pour diced idlies and saute for 5 minutes, put some gun powder in it.
- Sprinkle salt according to your taste.
- Pour some butter for good taste.
- Garnish with corriander leaves. Your fried idli is ready to serve.