“An interesting twist on an age old favorite. Use your favorite shaped pasta – bow ties, shells, penne, etc…Can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated, but allow extra time for baking.”
Makes 8 servings
16 ounces pasta
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- In a medium pot cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.
- Cook spinach according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef, chopped onion, and minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, and pasta sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cooked spinach, cooked pasta, bread crumbs, shredded cheese, beaten eggs, and olive oil.
- Spread spinach mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with meat mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven (175 degree C) for 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving