Punjabi food is healthy and full of rustic flavor. The custom of cooking in community ovens or tandoors still prevails in rural pockets. This jaggery rice is a favorite of everyone at home. Kids or people who have a sweet tooth loves this recipe. The cuisine is characterized by an abundance of dairy products in the form of Malay, paneer and dahi. It is very hygienic, but not only easy to digest. The food is simply delicious.
Prep Time: 6-10 minutes
Cook time: 6-10 minutes
Ingredients Of Jaggery Rice
- Jaggery (gur) grated 1 cup
- Rice soaked 1 1/2 cups
- Ghee 2-3 tablespoons
- Cinnamon 1 inch stick
- Black cardamoms 3
- Cloves 2-3
- Cashewnuts finely chopped 4 tablespoons
- Almonds finely chopped 2 tablespoons
- Milk 1 1/2 cups
Also Read: PANJIRI
Method Of Jaggery Rice
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the cinnamon, black cardamoms, black peppercorns, cloves, cashews, and almonds and sauté until they are fragrant and lightly golden.
- Add the jaggery, 1½ cups of water, milk, saffron and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Drain and add the rice and mix well. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until rice is cooked. Serve hot.