In crispy Japanese tempura shrimp, a wonderful crunchy golden covering hides the tender and succulent meat of well-cooked shrimp, and its single bite will take you to heaven.
Ingredients Of Japanese Prawn Tempura
- 20 Prawns
- 400 gm tempura flour
- 180 ml Ice cold water
- 1 gm Salt
- Refined oil soya bean or peanut for frying
- Tempura sauce
- 300 ml soya sauce
- 100 ml sake
- 100 ml mirin
- 50 ml water
How to make Japanese shrimp tempura
- In a bowl, combine the water and 300g flour and salt.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Make cuts on the belly of the shrimp. Press down evenly and with the help of your fingers, flatten it and stretch it out to prevent it from twisting during frying.
- In a separate plate, add the flour.
- Sprinkle the shrimp in the flour.
- Remove and dip into the dough.
- Place in 160 degree C oil in a shaking motion to get rid of the excess paste.
- Hold by the tail, in hot oil and shake, then let go.
- Place on a paper towel.
- Serve with sauce.
- Mix everything together and heat.
- Add the grated daikon and ginger and serve with tempura.