Salmon is chockfull of heart-healthy omega-3 fats, which may help to reduce the risk of heart disease. It’s recommended to include omega-3 rich fish (such as salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines) two times per week.
Ingredients Of Japanese Salmon (Healthy Heart)
- 2 salmon fillets (5 oz / 150 g each)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1/2 tbsp oil
Also Read: Ash Reshteh (Healthy Heart)
Instructions Of Japanese Salmon (Healthy Heart)
- Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a ziplock bag, remove as much air as possible and marinate overnight (or at least 3 hours).
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add salmon skin down, cook 2 to 3 minutes until crisp.
- Check the skin to make sure it doesn’t cook too quickly – if it does, lower the heat and / or briefly remove the pan from the stove to allow the temperature to drop.
- Drizzle the rest of the marinade in the ziplock bag on the flesh side. Flip and cook the flesh side for 2 minutes, or as desired.
- I like medium salmon, so the inside is very moist and just cooked.
- Rest for a few minutes, remembering that the salmon will continue to cook during rest, then serve.