Jamaican spices add plenty of zing to this dish that makes for a perfect snack.
Ingredients Of Jerk fish and slaw salad cups
- 800 gram boneless firm white fish fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 mini soft corn tortillas
- 1 small radicchio (150g), leaves separated, trimmed
- fresh coriander sprigs and lime wedges, to serve
- 350 gram white cabbage, shredded
- 350 gram red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small avocados (400g), halved
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
ALSO READ: Semi-frozen strawberry tiramisu parfait
Direction Of Jerk fish and slaw salad cups
1.Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. Cut the fish fillets diagonally into strips 1.5 cm wide and 12 cm long. Combine garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, allspice, thyme and oil in a medium bowl, season. Add fish; mix to coat well in the mixture. Blanket, refrigerate until needed.
3. Make coleslaw. Place all ingredients in a large bowl, mix to combine. Season as desired. 4. Make avocado cream. Process all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until they are combined and smooth; season.
5. Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil, place them on a baking sheet; heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat; cook the fish, in two batches, for 4 minutes or until just cooked through and golden brown.
7. Fill the radicchio leaves with coleslaw and fish salad; sprinkle with coriander sprigs. Serve with avocado cream, warmed tortillas and lime wedges.