A mitjar made from Gujarat flour, golpapdi is a hot favorite with most people because it is not only tasty but also easy to prepare. Add to that the fact that it is very nutritious, and it becomes something that moms would like to feed their young. Here, we made Jowar Golpapdi with iron-rich ingredients like jowar flour and jaggery, tied together with ghee.
This mouth-watering snack stays good in an airtight dabba for 2-3 days, so you can keep it close at hand to meet your baby’s sudden hunger.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 8 servings
1/2 cup jowar (white millet) flour
2 1/2 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp chopped jaggery (gur)
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the jowar flour, mix well and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, add the jaggery and mix well.
- When the jaggery melts and the mixture is still hot, pour it into the greased thali and spread it evenly using the bottom of a small bowl (katori) or a flat spoon.
- Cut into diamond-shaped pieces while it is still hot and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Jowar Golpapdi is ready. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Nutrient values per piece