Jowar papads are loved for its light crispiness and taste, reminiscent of the much loved Jowar bhakri. These papads have an exquisite mouthfeel and pleasing earthy color. Like all our other Millet papads, Jowar papads are also high in Dietary Fiber.
Ingredients of Jowar Papad
- 1 cup Jawar flour
- 2 cups Water
- 4 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Papad khar
- 2 tbsp white Sesame seeds
- Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
How to Make Jowar Papad
- Take jawar flourin a bowl, add water to make paste and keep it aside.
- Heat up water in a pan, add salt, baking soda, papad khar, sesame seeds and mix well.
- Add jawar paste, cook until it thickens up and gets nice glaze.
- Stir continuously while cooking or jawar flour will settle at the bottom.
- Turn off the gas and add cumin seeds, chili flakes and mix well.
- You can add green chili paste or red chili paste in place of chili flakes.
- You can grease steel plates with oil and make papad on it too.
- Take a spoonful mixture and spread it evenly.
- Dry them under hot sun.
- After drying for about 7 hours, when these are a little soft, flip them over.
- When the edges of papad begin to leave the plastic, flip it over.
- When papad dry completely, store them in dry airtight container.