Kabuli Chana Stir- Fry: A spicy stir-fry version of the famed chana masala. This dry version is a combo of chana and potatoes perked up with ginger, garlic, green chillies and chana masala powder. Serve with rotis or as a part of the main course along with another subzi . This stir-fry is also good to serve as a starter for cocktail parties.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
2 tbsp oil
3/4 cup boiled potato cubes
2 tsp green chilli paste
1 1/2 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
2 tsp ginger (adrak) juliennes
2 tsp chole masala powder , readily available in the market
2 cups soaked and boiled kabuli chana (white chick peas)
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tsp black salt (sanchal)
1/2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
salt to taste
For The Garnish
1/4 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the potatoes and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- In the same oil, add the green chilli paste, garlic paste, ginger and stir-fry for ½ a minute.
- Add the chana masala, kabuli chana, fried potatoes, tomatoes, black salt, dry mango powder, salt and ½ cup of water and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Kabuli Chana Stir- Fry is ready. Serve immediately garnished with coriander.