Kacche Aam Ka Mahi: A spicy, southern style Raw Mango Fish curry that would evoke your taste buds with its aroma and would make for a perfect dinner party dish!
Recipe Servings: 2 Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Cook Time:
- 180 Gram Fish
- 100 Gram Raw mango
- 10 Gram Whole jeera
- 5 Gram Whole red chilli
- 5 Gram Turmeric powder
- 5 Gram Jeera powder
- 3 Gram Red chilli powder
- 3 Gram Salt
- 200 Gram Onion
- 80 Gram Tomato
- 10 Ml Oil
- 2 Gram Mustard seed
- 10 Gram Sugar
- 15 Ml Coconut milk
- 2 Gram Garam masala
Also Read: Mango Pickle (Aam ka Achar)
Method To Make Kacche Aam Ka Mahi
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds along with fenugreek seeds. Let the mustard seeds splutter. Add in the ginger and green chillies.
- Add onions and fry till the onions are soft.
- Take a small cup and add all the masala powders to the cup. Turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Add water and make a paste.
- Add the paste, tomato and the salt to the pan. Sauté for a couple of minutes. Add in the mangoes and a cup of water. Let it come to a boil.
- In the meantime, grind the coconut with about half a cup of water to a smooth fine paste. Add it to the pan.
- Add in the fish pieces and let the curry simmer for 10-12 minutes on medium flame. Remove from heat and let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.