Sweet-tangy flavored mango pickle is loved by kids a lot. When its season of mangoes and you get unripe mangoes in plenty in market then do not forget to make this simple mango pickle yourself. Mango pickle is everyone’s favorite and takes very less time for the preparations but it keeps good for longer duration.
Ingredients of Kache Aam ka Khatta Meetha Achar
- 1 kg Raw mango wash eel and cut into thin slice
- 500 gm Sugar
- Dry masale
- 3 tsp Fenugreek seed
- 3 tsp fennel seeds
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Nagella seeds (kalunji)
- 2 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Also Read: Aam Ka Hing Ka Achar
Method of Kache Aam ka Khatta Meetha Achar
- Heat a pan, add all the dry masale and dry roast the masala. Roll it up and tighten it.
- Now heat the oil in the pan, add the mustard and mustard seeds and the turmeric powder, when the seeds crackle, add a slice of raw mango and cook over low heat, stir regularly.
- Now take another pan, add the sugar and 1 cup of water and the major sugar syrup.
- When the mango is cooked or sweet, add sugar syrup, all the dry masala powder and all the ordinary masale and mix well.
- Cook the thick mixture until then and mix with masala.
- Then turn off the gas.
- Achar is ready to serve with ice, bread or paratha.