For those of you who are wondering what the heck is that, then my dear friends, let me tell you that Kala Khatta Syrup is an ultimate kick ass answer to your summer cravings of something salty, something sugary, something tongue clicking and teeth jittering and something that awakens the sleepy child in us.
Ingredients of Kala Khatta
- Jamuns – 500 gms
- Water – 2lt
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Black salt – ½ tsp
- Roasted cumin crushed – 1½ tbsp
- Lemon juice – ¼ cup
- Ice Cubes
- Mint leaves – handful
How to Make Kala Khatta
- Wash and place the jamuns in a pan. Add water and bring it to a boil.
- Now simmer for 15 min. and add salt, black salt, crushed roasted cumin, black pepper pwd and sugar.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Using a potato masher mash all the Jamuns and then squeeze and strain the juice out of it.
- Make sure to not crush the seeds as it will make the drink bitter.
- Pour and mix in the lemon juice.
- Check again for sweetness and salt and correct accordingly.
- Put ice cubes in glasses, drop in mint sprigs and pour the jamun sherbet on top and serve.