This is by far the easiest sushi roll to make. Not only is it vegetarian, it is also vegan, so just about anyone can eat it!
Prep Time: 05 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Cook Time: 30 mins
Ingredients Of Kapa Maki
- 1 sheet of roasted seaweed
- 1/4 cup short grain Japanese rice-cooked with vinegar, sugar and kombu seaweed
- 2 slices of peeled cucumber
- 2 tsp gari shoga or marinated ginger
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 1 tsp soya sauce
Also Read: Vegetable Chopsuey
How to Make Kapa Maki
- Place the roasted seaweed on a bamboo mat and spread the rice evenly over it, leaving 3/4 inch of the leaf on the other side uncovered.
- Keep the cucumber in the center. Now lift the top of the bamboo mat and roll it up.
- Put rice on the edges of the yakinori to seal it.
- Repeat the rolling procedure again, pressing lightly.
- Cut the prepared roll into equal portions and serve with ginger, wasabi and soy sauce.