A favorite delicacy in Kerala cuisine, Kerala Karimeen Pollichathu always makes you crave for more. Kerala Karimeen Pollichathu is a ‘star’ dish very popular in top rated hotels and restaurants. Native to Allepey, this Kuttanadan fish preparation is unique and interesting.
Ingredients of Karimeen Pollichathu
How to make Karimeen Pollichathu
- Wash the fish pieces and marinate in a bowl with lime juice, turmeric, black pepper, Kashmiri red chilli powder and salt for 10 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium flame and add ginger, garlic, onion, tomato, curry leaves and green chillies in it.
- Put Kashmiri red chilli powder, vinegar, turmeric, salt and black pepper in the pan and mix well. In another pan, fry the fish pieces on both the side for 2 minutes.
- Take a banana leaf and pour the fried masala mixture and then put one fish piece.
- Top it with the marinade and then seal the leaf with a string like a packet.
- Heat some coconut oil on tawa over medium flame and cook the fish packets nicely from both the sides for 10 minutes.
- Take out on a plate and open the packet, serve hot.