Kashmiri Shufta is a traditional dessert which is loaded with lots and lots of nuts. Every Kashmiri celebration. This dessert not only has an awesome taste, but it is also full of healthy and wholesome ingredients. This dessert recipe will surely help you in fighting the winter cold. It will hardly take half an hour to prepare this sugary dessert.
Ingredients of Kashmiri Shufta
How to make Kashmiri Shufta
- Soak the almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnuts along with sultanas (munnakas) in it for at least 30 minutes.
- Take another bowl and put fresh water in it. Soak dried dates in this bowl for at least half an hour.
- After soaking the nuts for half an hour, drain the water from both the bowls.
- Now, take the dried dates bowl and cut the dates in small pieces.
- Take a large-sized pan and place it on low-medium flame.
- Add ghee and fry the dried coconut in it until its colour becomes slightly brown. Now, transfer the fried coconut on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Then, in the same pan fry the cubes of cottage cheese until their colour becomes slightly brown.
- Transfer the cubes to an absorbent paper.
- Now, in the same pan, add more ghee and transfer the soaked nuts mixture from bowl 1 and dried dates from bowl 2.
- Add dried coconut along with cottage cheese cubes in the pan.
- Now, add sugar along with black pepper powder, cinnamon powder, dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, saffron and rose petals in the pan.
- Mix well and keep stirring until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Lastly, transfer the dessert to a serving dish and serve immediately.