This is a Jammu and Kashmir recipe. This is the healthy, easy, delicious and gourmet recipe with apple. Apple Tamatar Ka Sabzi is a sweet and tangy dish made from cubed apple,infused with cinnamon in a tomato based gravy. As apples goes really well with the cinnamon this makes a perfect combination.
Ingredients of Kashmiri Style Apple Tamatar Sabzi
- 2 Apples , peeled
- 2 Tomatoes , pureed
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- Cooking oil , for cooking
Also Read: Arbi Kofta with Mint Yogurt
How to make Kashmiri Style Apple Tamatar Sabzi
- We start to prepare the Tamatar Ki Sabzi apple by heating a Kadhai with a little oil and adding laurel and cinnamon.
- Sauté until the aroma is released.
- Then add the tomato puree and the other spice powders.
- Sauté for about 10 minutes until the raw smell of the tomato disappears.
- Add the apple in cubes and stir.
- Cook another 10 minutes until the apple becomes boiled and soaks up a little sauce.
- Serve your sweet and tangy Tamatar ki Sabzi apple with Singhare ka cheela.