Vegetarian banana kebabs, flavored with ginger, coriander, green chili and cardamom seeds.
Ingredients of Kebab-e-Kela (Navratri Special)
- 250 gm raw bananas, peeled and diced
- 1 black cardamom seed (badi elaichi )
- 1/4 cup kootu ka atta
- 2 tsp white rock salt (sendha namak)
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, roasted and powdered
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 Tbsp coriander, chopped
- Desi ghee for pan-frying
- kootu ka atta for dusting
Also Read: Low Calorie Ham And Cheese Quinoa Cups
Directions of Kebab-e-Kela (Navratri Special)
- Steam the bananas, ginger and eleichi, until the bananas are cooked, but bite like.
- Cook alternately with as little water as possible, so that there is no water left after the bananas are cooked. Let cool.
- When cool, mash the bananas; add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to form a consistency-like paste.
- Form small cylindrical rods and dust with the kootu ka atta.
- Heat a thin layer of ghee and fry the skewers over medium heat until they brown on both sides.