Ketupat is a rice cake packed inside a diamond-shaped container of woven palm leaf pouch, Originating in Indonesia.
Ingredients of Ketupat
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- rice cooker
- loaf pan
- saran plastic wrap
How to make Ketupat
- Wash and drain rice many times.
- Place the rice, salt, and water in a rice cooker, and cook until rice cooker turns to “warm”.
- Open the lid, with a spatula, fluff and press the rice.
- Line a loaf pan with saran plastic wrap.
- Transfer the warm rice to the pan.
- Cover the the top surface with another piece of saran wrap and flatten the surface while keep pressing.
- Once the rice is as packed, create holes on the top for steam to escape.
- when rice cake cools, remove rice cake from the mould, remove the plastic wrap, and cut into cubes.
- Serve hot.