Kheer Kadam is Soft and creamy khoya dumpling. This Bengali delicacy is the perfect way to celebrate special and festive occasions.
Ingredients of Kheer Kadam
- Mawa – 200 grams
- milk powder – 100 grams
- Paneer – 200 grams, crumbled
- Sugar – 150 grams
- Corn flour – 2 tsp
- Lemon – 1
- Yellow food color – 1 pinch
- Saffron – 10 to 12 threads
- Full cream milk – 500 grams
How to Make Kheer Kadam
- Place milk over flame for heating, When milk starts simmering, then turn off the flame, add 2 tsp water in lemon juice and add in milk, little by little.
- When milk coagulates completely, then water and chena separates in milk.
- Put the chena over a clean muslin cloth and strain it.
- Now pour some cold water over the chena.
- Lift the cloth from all sides, press and squeeze out the water.
- Chena for making rasgullas is ready.
- Mash chena until smooth. Add corn flour and yellow food color and keep kneading.
- Make small dough balls from the chena and place them over a plate.
- Take sugar and 2 cup water in a pressure cooker and place it over flame for cooking.
- Add saffron threads in the water and cook until it simmers.
- Place chena balls in the simmering sugar syrup. Close the pressure cooker with lid and cook until it simmers once.
- After one simmer, reduce the flame and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- After removing rasgulla from cooker, let the rasgullas drench in sugar syrup for 3 hours.
- Grate the paneer and place it in a wok. Stir constantly and roast. When paneer get dry and turns little brown in color, turn off the flame.
- Add powdered sugar in grated mawa and make small balls.
- Take one ball and flatten it very gently. Now place one rasgullas in it and lift the mawa from all sides and roll back giving it a round shape.
- Coat this ball with roasted paneer.
- Place these kheer kadam in refrigerator for 1 hour prior serving.