Khoya Matar Makhana Curry is a must if you are looking for a rich and tasty sauce. Not too spicy but very tasty, it is made with Phool Makhane, cashews and green peas. We make an onion and tomato sauce to which we add khoya which gives it richness. Pair it with paratha or naan, this recipe will taste good with almost everything. Makhana is little known outside of northern India.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients Of Khoya Matar Makhana
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Onion – 1 cup chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato puree – 3 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Khoya – 100 g
- Matar – 1/2 cup
- Makhane – 6 cups
- Cashewnuts – 1/4 cup cut into halves
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Fresh cream or malai – 3 tbsp
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
Also Read: Jaggery Rice
Instructions Of Khoya Matar Makhana
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. When the oil is hot, add the onion.
- Fry till onions are slightly browned. Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry till onions are golden brown. Add tomato puree and cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, and salt.
- Add water (1/2 cup) and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add khoya and cook for another minute. Add 4 cups of water and bring the masala to a boil. Add makhana, matar, and cashew nuts.
- Let it cook until makhane gets soft and water is almost finished.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, and fresh cream.
- Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve hot with jeera rice or paratha.